Re: strcasecmp/tolower/toupper breakage

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> Worse is that this is, of course, completely non-portable to
> other operating systems so we'd have to have a fallback, hopefully
> better than #define g_utf8_strcoll g_utf8_strcmp.

Well, if someone is feeling all badass and wants to solve this
problem, start here:

 http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/collation.html
 http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr10/

There are links from the FAQ to what Java and ICU provide, presumably
we'd want something along those lines... I'm not sure what all the
issues are.

Havoc