Re: ANNOUNCE: grapevine 0.1 "The flying sheep" released

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Dave Williss wrote:

> I may be misunderstanding this, but it sounds like he's developed
> a generic message posting solution like syslog, but for application
> programs.

Good point!  Are there any _fundamental_ reasons why we can't use syslog
for grapevine too?  e.g., that would mean that apache errors can be picked
up by the user easily in a customisable manner.  It would also mean that
gnome programs could write to standard log files if the user doesn't
normally care about them(which would be useful for people like me who
support a bunch of user gnome boxes and would rather maintain them
remotely, rather than asking them to read the messages out over the
phone).

njh