Re: xml preformated text & db2html != gnome-db2html

Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

> Buvo Pn, 2001-05-04 09:42-0400, kai Havoc Pennington rašė:
> > > 1) How can I put preformated text (that may contain "</>" etc)
> > > without confusing the xml parser? Last time I tried, it was
> > > producing errors and core dumped. May be I'm missing something
> > > here, but I just couldn't make it.
> >
> > You just escape the text, along these lines:
> >
> > static void
> > append_escaped_text (GString     *str,
> >                      const gchar *text,
> >                      gint         length)
> > {
> >   const gchar *p;
> >   const gchar *end;
> >
> >   p = text;
> >   end = text + length;
> >
> >   while (p != end)
> >     {
> >       const gchar *next;
> >       next = g_utf8_next_char (p);
> >
> >       switch (*p)
> >         {
> >         case '&':
> >           g_string_append (str, "&amp;");
> >           break;
>
> I have seen this code today in xmlEncodeEntities function from
> gnome-xml/entities.c
>
> It encodes not only & < >  but > 0x7f characters also. You may not like
> this.

Does these chars have any significance, especially with i18n issues?
Though I don't really need those chars, I would like to make sure
that the application, I am working on, works with some of the general
issues, such as i18n.

--

Regards,
-Naba

As the trials of life continue to take their toll, remember that there
is always a future in Computer Maintenance.
		-- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"