Re: patch for select in zvt

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 09:28:45AM -0500 or thereabouts, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)       Gerente de desarrollo       Alpha wrote:

> just an idea:
>
> what about autoselecting words when dragging right, but selecting characters
> when dragging left?  that way we can still make our selections right after
> we've selected the word?
>
> that behaviour is in Internet Explorer.
> for the record, I use only GNOME.

Is it the behaviour for xterm, though?

For what it's worth, the vast majority of bug reports against
gnome-terminal which are not crashes or geometry madness are
complaints/notes/requests to do with perfect xterm emulation,
particularly with respect to selections. There are people who
have used xterm for many years, and they expect gnome-terminal's
selection to be as xterm does it. Some of the reports are things
that seem really trivial unless you've used xterm a lot, I think.
And then they are apparently huge huge bugs :)

Or at least, that was the case when I was categorising them
all just before the debbugs tracker died. I suppose it might
be worth doing it again in bugzilla.

(The other big category is the behaviour of alt/control/meta
stuff, which category I do not understand at all.)

Telsa