Re: Your opinion about adding Gnome Xsu to GNOME-Utils

Havoc Pennington writes:

> It looks extremely suspect on a quick glance - e.g. it uses execlp()
> to launch an su subprocess, and the way it launches/talks to the
> subprocess is by spawning it in an offscreen ZvtTerm and parsing the
> output expect-style. I don't think it would pass a security audit.

I posted gnome-sudo here a couple weeks ago and it went by without
comment.  gnome-sudo has none of those problems, and has passed
security audit here at Progeny.  It is now in Debian unstable,
and source may be downloaded from:

http://archive.progeny.com/progeny/src/gnome-sudo/

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg progeny com