Re: Developing and Testing panel applets

Hi

> 	Unless they are acutely clueful they will kill the panel when they go
> deferencing invalid pointers / corrupting memory etc. and it makes it
> very hard to sift genuine panel bug reports from random side-effects of
> other people's broken code.
I 100% agree. But you don't want to save some user RAM, do you? And do
not want people to be accurate writing applets, do you?

Well, is there any official policy statement in the gnome project: when
developers should choose shlib over apps? Also, why apps take so much
memory - because they should load all the libs (i.e. their data
segments) which already loaded by gnome-panel? I thinks there should be
some statement on the subject...

--
Sergey