Re: Work woth GUI from a thread that was made by pthread_create function

Hi!

> > I don't believe that process switches are significantly slower than
> > thread switches, but if it really is a bottleneck important enough
>
> In a single processor environment thread-switches could even be mutch
> slower than process switches.

Would you care to explain? This is not true, AFAICT. [Thread switch
means not flushing TLBs, otherwise its same as process switch. Its
strictly more work. Its not *significant*, however.]
									Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly.  However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa