Re: gnome/kde cooperation

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:08:33PM -0500 or thereabouts, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2002, Jens Askengren wrote:
> > tor 2002-02-21 klockan 19.41 skrev Travis Emslander:
> > > No, but I'd just like to voice my support for replacing esd with arts.
> > Is aRts latency low enough to be used in games and realtime audio
> > applications?
>
> This issue has come up many times - a mailing list archive search will
> give you even more opinions. :)

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/

Look for these subject lines:
April  2001: Subject: GNOME 2 Sound Architecture And APIs?" (very long)
August 2001: Subject: GNOME CVS: libgnome martin
August 2001: Subject: More fun with sound

It will be quite a long read. I haven't seen much since then that's
not been a rehash of those two discussions.

Telsa