Re: new file selector dialog?

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 16:49, Karsten Weiss wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2002, Naba Kumar wrote:
>
> > Screenshot: http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/naba/fileselector.jpg
>
> Although this looks better than the vanilla gtk fileselector it
> still *seems* to have the same annoying property as the gtk
> fileselector: It use a *tiny* window size.
>
> I´m working on a 1600x1200 desktop and my directories contain
> lots of files. I don´t know how often I´ve resized the gtk
> fileselector in my lifetime already. So I really wish it would
> either adjust its windows size dynamically acccording to the
> (visible) desktop size or at least remember the last window
> size. If I´m about to select a file I want a window which
> covers 3/4 of my screen and not a tiny one which only shows
> pathetic 7.5 filenames at a time (I´m talking about the gtk
> fileselector here).

The fileselector is only a widget. It is the duty of the application,
which uses it, to set the proper wmclass name to the GtkWindow, which
will make the window manager remember it's size and other attribs.

Although, the widget itself could set the wmclass name to remember the
wm attribs, it is not considered advisable, because not all applications
may be interested in having that stuff. Interested applications can
always go ahead and set the wm class name for it.

--
Regards,
-