Re: new file selector dialog?

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 16:59, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 22:20, David Moles wrote:
> > Is there anything that could be done to put a better face on the
> > current API?
>
> 	If you use the bonobo-file-selector-util API [ which is somewhat
> limited unfortunately ] then you can plug whatever you like in as the
> viewer control. There is the 'gnome-file-selector' module that provides
> one such implementation. Clearly in these days of a well performing
> nautilus it would make sense to re-use that if it's running to provide
> beauty too :-)

I though we were talking about Gtk+ file selector and not GNOME file
selector. GNOME can have better file selector based on bonobo. Gtk+, on
the other hand, cannot have bonobo dependencies just for the file
selector.

'Gtk is not GNOME' (or the other way round) was what, I believe, Havoc
said sometime back.

--
Regards,
-