Re: new file selector dialog?

The anjuta fileselector is one of the best I've seen so far.

I personally think that it should be possible to rename files by
directly edit the content of the list, rather than using popups.

But if the new fileselector is not going into gnome 2.0, why not try
this simple heuristic patch against the current "loosing filename on
directory change"-problem:

    if a filename was explicit set by the application (using
    gtk_file_selection_set_filename()) then the dialog is probably a
    save-dialog. Set a flag to indicate this, and keep the filename when
    changing directories.

Looking at the code I realize that it might not be the most beautiful
solution, but it will solv the most frustrating gtk bug I know of.

	- Jens