Re: new file selector dialog?

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 22:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> mdew <mdew orcon net nz> writes:
> > With the upcoming release of GTK2, I thought the file selector dialog
> > maybe re-designed...To my surprise its still the same in 1.3.15, why is
> > that?
> >

> Because no one has redesigned it yet. It's planned later.

I don't know if you people will like it, but anjuta has an extremely
good file-selector widget. It has all the features of gtkfileselector
plus many more. I summarize the features below:

1) Clean, elegant and decent look.
2) Basic file manipulation, such  delete, rename, new folder etc.
3) Tab auto-completion just like gtk-fileselection.
4) Histroy browsing, like back, forward, up, home.
5) File type filter for various file extentions. This is something we
have been missing in gtkfileselection for ages.
6) Show/hide hidden files.
6) Single and Multiple selection mode.

Screenshot: http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/naba/fileselector.jpg

Things need to be done if used for gtk+:

1) It was basically designed for gnome, but the widgets used are basic
gtkwidgets. so, there should not be much problem in cleaning up the code
for gtk+ only. In fact, we are ready to do that.

2) API wrappings to provide backward compatibility to the old gtk
fileselector.

People wishing to try it out can get it from gnome cvs at:
/cvs/gnome/anjuta/widgets/

--
Regards,
-Naba