Re: GNOME and printing

LJ <king_6 gmx net> writes:
> I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you: According to
> http://www.cups.org/, CUPS is the primary printing system of Red Hat,
> Mandrake, Caldera, Conectiva, easyLinux, Lycoris and other Linux
> distributions.

I think it's probably fair to say that lprng is still Red Hat's
_primary_ printing system, though we include CUPS. However, I think
the only objections to CUPS here are a) our printer config tool
doesn't understand it yet and b) it had some issue with Asian
languages and printers. Once those are fixed we would probably move to
CUPS just because everyone else seems to be doing it and we need to
get rid of one of these things.

Havoc