HOWTO build from STABLE or CVS ?

hi,

a happy announcement to every gnome user, hacker, maintainer whatever. a new
version of cvsgnome is out which allows you to build from 'RELEASED TARBALLS'
now you can enjoy the stability of this script with tarballs if you don't want
to deal with CVS. with cvsgnome we have the first script that is:

- onefiled
- clean structured
- handles CVS and STABLE tarballs
- easy to use
- nice output because of progressindicator

simply grab that script from my homepage (shown below).

1) change PREFIXDIR="" to a place you like gnome to be installed (don't use ~)
2) run script and enter:
        world               <---- gnome 2 CVS build or
        world stable        <---- gnome 2 STABLE build.
3) grab some popcorn and a coke to enjoy the show.

here the changelog:

27-05-2002:
- 0.1.6 - wget passive mode change, so we can grab the files even if we
          run a firewall. otherwise we have a problem and probably need
          to release the firewall.
        - removed memprof from the list of checkouts.
        - added nautilus-gtkhtml to the list of checkouts.
        - added more single module operations to the menu.
        - cleaned up menu and renamed some options.
        - removed a lot of codeduplication. this simplyfies the script
          in many ways. readability, size, flexibility and usability.
        - finally found a better way to avoid the tar bzip2 optionflag
          annoyance, no worry about -j or -I anymore.
        - experimental adding of 'make dist' now you can grab all the
          modules from cvs and make funny distribution tarballs out of
          them. note that many modules have no updated spec files which
          could cause a lot of failures. some modules don't have a spec
          file at all.
        - yes, finally, cvsgnome is able to build from release tarballs
          it acts similar to another buildscript which name i can't
          remember. advantage it's less full of crack than the other
          one and gives you the same nice output as if you build from
          cvs :)
        - FAQ reworked.
        - Menu explaination added in this script.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de