Re: capplets: 1.2->2.0: HOWTO wanted

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 16:16, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

> Yes, now I noticed. Yes they are. But most of them have no "OK"/"Cancel"
> buttons - only "Close". Is this an absolute requirement for good GNOME2
> capplet? Since one of 2 my capplets is XKB configuration capplet, I
> consider entire XKB configuration as one "committable" unit - and don't
> want to update it "partially". Or is this not an appropriate behaviour?

If it's not appropriate for your dialog to be "instant apply", then yes,
it's okay to have different buttons.  It may also be appropriate for
some parts of your dialog to be instant apply and others not, although
this is probably the least attractive of the three options.

For more information on deciding what format to use for your dialog,
see:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/windows.html#instant-apply

Cheeri,
Calum.