Re: This is a Troll!

Jens Askengren wrote:

mån 2002-09-16 klockan 03.16 skrev Sean Middleditch:

I recall reading that since glib supports plugins, the file-dialog may
be designed as one - people without gnome-libs would get a plainish file
dialog, while those with gnome-libs could get a gnome-enhanced dialog,
even on gtk-only apps.  Is this not going to be the case, then, or do we
get this coolness?

The gnome-enhanced dialog might in particular contain mime-type icons, something that I suspect will never be implemented in gtk+.
The file chooser in libegg uses a small file system abstraction object. A simple one would be provided with gtk+, and a VFS aware one would be provided with libgnome maybe. The filesystem object provides a "get_item_icon" method, which could use the gnome-vfs mime and icon loader code on GNOME, win32 APIs for the Windows port, and some fallback for plain GTK+.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.