RE: This is a Troll!

Yes I really don't understand why some form of Nautilus can't be made
into the Gnome file selector.  OK it's not gtk+ only but so what.  It
would integrate well with Gnome as that is what the normal user sees
when they use the Nautilus file manager any way.  As a consistent view
into the filesystem would this make sense?  Much code reuse as well and
as Nautilus grows and changes so does the file selector.