Re: window manager kills itself and respawns

Havoc Pennington wrote:

In /tmp, on startup metacity will print the name of the log.

Ali tracked it down a bit more though, there are stderr warnings, he
thinks this change introduced it:

Fri Sep  6 15:35:01 2002  Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>

       * gdk/gdkgc.c (gdk_gc_new_with_values): Only set
       gc->colormap if it isn't already set. (Alex Larsson,
       #90632)

Perhaps that was it, I don't see quite what's wrong though.

See if you also have warnings on stderr...
I have seen this crash too. Haven't got a debug log of it though. It seems to happen occasionally when closing a window (no particular application), if that helps.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.