Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:49:41AM -0400, Radek Doulík wrote:
> On Út, 2002-09-17 at 10:49, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > Fpr DOM part you will have to talk to billh, but we definately want css2
> > for help for layout and formating.
>
> Yeah, my question was meant more like, do we really need those or
> couldn't we somewhat overcome it? What are the reasons to use CSS? I
> don't think help layout is so complicated that it must use css2 for
> layout and formating. At least from what I've seen, the GNOME help pages
> have pretty simple layout and formating.

For starters, you need to be able to do all of:
	1a) normal size presentation
	1b) large print presentation
	2a) high contrast presentation
	2b) low contrast presentation

with possible combinations of 1's and 2's from the above list. CSS provides
that ability fairly naturally. If we want to do it in other ways, we will end
up inventing something that provides the same functionality.

Malcolm