Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

On Út, 2002-09-17 at 10:49, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2002, Radek [ISO-8859-1] Doulík wrote:

> > > We *do* want both CSS and DOM for the help stuff (at least).
> >
> > Why do we need these for the help stuff?
> >

> Fpr DOM part you will have to talk to billh, but we definately want css2
> for help for layout and formating.

Yeah, my question was meant more like, do we really need those or
couldn't we somewhat overcome it? What are the reasons to use CSS? I
don't think help layout is so complicated that it must use css2 for
layout and formating. At least from what I've seen, the GNOME help pages
have pretty simple layout and formating.

Bill, why do we need DOM?

Radek

PS: Sorry for my basic question, but I would like to make it clear for
myself.