Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

On 17 Sep 2002, Radek [ISO-8859-1] Doulík wrote:

> On Út, 2002-09-17 at 10:49, Sander Vesik wrote:

> > > Why do we need these for the help stuff?
> > >

> > Fpr DOM part you will have to talk to billh, but we definately want css2
> > for help for layout and formating.
>
> Yeah, my question was meant more like, do we really need those or
> couldn't we somewhat overcome it? What are the reasons to use CSS? I
> don't think help layout is so complicated that it must use css2 for

Complicated is a relative thing - css lets you specify how a table inside
and you effectively can't do this without css.

> layout and formating. At least from what I've seen, the GNOME help pages
> have pretty simple layout and formating.

CSS2 brings in several useful things including being able to apply
formting to an element based on what element preceeds it as well as the
first-child psedu-class (and more).

> Bill, why do we need DOM?
>
> Radek
>
> PS: Sorry for my basic question, but I would like to make it clear for
> myself.

	Sander

	This is the place where all
	the junkies go