Re: Problem developing panel applet

Hi Tony,

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 19:04, Tony Houghton wrote:
> Er, what bonobo_activation_register thing? I don't really know anything
> about Bonobo, I just copied the applet examples, and I didn't see any
> bonobo_activation_register anywhere :-/.

	Fine; it's done for you.

> If I run it manually, the same thing seems to happen.

	What is that ? what message does it print ? does the applet terminate
immediately ? does it print an error ? does it just sit there and not do
anything ?

	What happens if you export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces before running it
[assumes ORBit2 was build with --enable-debug, Ximian snapshots do
this].

> I don't really know what else I can do now except show the relevant bits
> of code etc in the hope that someone can spot my mistake.

	Looks ok to me, the undeffing action looks most odd.

> I've installed the binary as /usr/lib/gome-applets/tgauge_applet2

	That all looks fine.

> because that's where the other applets are installed, and similarly, my
> .server file is /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_TgaugeApplet.server. Am I
> supposed to do anything besides copy it there?

	Did you try: killall -9 bonobo-activation-server ?

	Regards,

		Michael.