Re: Extended attributes, Linux and GNOME

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 21:03, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:

> >Righty, that would be necessary for any kind of reliability - but then
> >its a waste.  I'd think it better to just wait for user-space to fully
> >support EA's, then let Nautilus/GVFS switch over to them completely
> >(when on file-systems that support it).
> >
> Look, I can't get through my thick skull that you don't understand
> *fundamentally why* I'm advocating for early EA adoption.

I understand - I just disagree.  ;-)

In any event, I don't think either of us are going anywhere new here.
I'd love EA support, just prefer to wait for the OS to be capable of
supporting it properly as well as GNOME.

Before that time, tho, it would be most lovely to see Nautilus support
at least basic EA/ACL editing, and also make sure it cleanly handles
copying and moving files about with losing EA info.  That's a step
that's beneficial no matter how one looks at it.  ^,^

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.