Re: Why file content sniffing sucks

File extensions are one of the largely abused areas in Windows that
crackers abuse to trick users into running trojans.  We should not bring
the same system here (If you want file extensions use them many linuxes
and unixs look them up) but dont impose the false sense of security on
users - well it said it was a PNG but it ran a perl script that
formatted my drive. Ease of use (or to blindside the unsuspecting) need
not enter here.

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+