Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

You should probably take a look at GMimeStream (which I was thinking of
splitting out into GStream or some such name) in gmime CVS. It's very
similar to CamelStream of Evolution...

they both support non-blocking i/o, buffered i/o, filtering, etc...

GMimeStreamBuffer could even be modified to have getc()/putc() methods..
and maybe even an ungetc() without too much trouble. I didn't bother
doing it because I didn't need it.

Jeff