Re: Debug with Anjuta

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:

I'd be basically fairly opposed to anything that confuses non-clueful
users and reduces the number of bug reports we get. My gut feeling is
that any way in which this was presented would lead to people going
'ooh, I can debug it!', popping up a window, and getting totally
confused. But if someone can cook up an actual implementation that
doesn't do that, I'd be game to at least consider it...

A 'non-clueful' end-user is not likely to have Anjuta installed, and
this option would, of course, be enabled only if Anjuta is installed.
Once Anjuta finds its way into the major distributions, you are going to get a number of less clueful people selecting the "I want to install everything under the sun!" check box during the installation, so I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Off by default seems like a safer bet.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au