Re: developers, maintainers: Please add a startup notify line to your desktop.in files!

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 09:23:49PM -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Mkes sense. Still too bad you have to explicitly enable it for every
> GNOME app, but ah well.

Yeah, we would need some kind of operating system support probably to
do it reliably without explicit enable. And it'd be amusing to try to
get *that* into the kernel.

> > You don't need special libs, anything that links to GTK 2.2 and opens
> > a window will work automatically - see the mail I posted a while back.
>
> Sorry for not being clear, I meant "What do I have to do to make it do
> something in my GNOME, as a user?"

Oh, you just click a launcher or choose a menu item.  You need a
bleeding edge CVS build though. (Well, from a couple weeks ago or so.)

Right now all it does is a little busy cursor from metacity, and a
dummy button appears in the window list. It could do more, but I
thought I'd keep it low key until someone had a bright idea.  It's
kinda hosed right now since clicking the dummy button in window list
doesn't do anything.

With Keith's new Xcursor cursor theme stuff, we should also be able to
get an animated busy cursor without changing the panel at all (cursor
theme specifies animation or no).

Havoc