Re: MDI help

First off, thanks for your help!!  It's nice to hear from other
developers that can help put me in the right direction.  To better help
you with this situation, I'll give you the readers digest of the
project...

Let me start with saying that I am a geek.  My girlfriends birthday is
coming up in March (March 16th) and I wanted to do something for her
that was truly unique.  For our 6th month aniv. she made me a memory
book and so I am wanting to do the same, but make the memory book a
GNOME application.  Each page would be a tab.  And then in the tab, it
would be a GnomeCanvas to allow for pictures and background color, etc.

I've got a book on GNOME programming that says MDI is good (although
it's for GNOME 1.x).  And I don't need to use the MDI widget(s), but I
do need to be able to simultaneously display a notebook widget (or
something similar) and a menu (and possibly toolbars).

Again, I am terribly new to GNOME programming.  I am using this project
as a way to be unique for her and also to "jump-start" me into GNOME
development (force me to learn and all).  ANY help you can offer would
be gold to me!

I've tried displaying a statusbar at the bottom and menu bar at the top,
but when I go to display the notebook widget, it never gets displayed?
Any ideas?

Anyway, I hope this info helps out for now.  I don't want to make this
email too long!  Thanks again guys!

-Robert