Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

Hi Owen,

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 15:21, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Can you convert this into some concrete plan of action other than
> Things I strive for constantly, but only occasionally succeed at.

	Nope - that sounds fine; I guess I'm looking in the wrong place for the
root of my problem, sorry.

> > [1] - and yes I know you can point to a list with millions of lines of
> >       discussion about twigs - while people are burning great chunks of
> >       forest elsewhere undiscussed.
>
> This sounds like:
>
>  "I don't think public GTK+ development discussion with the GTK+
>   developers on gtk-devel-list works. Let's discuss it in private
>   with some GNOME cabal instead."
>
> Maybe that's just _my_ conspiracy theories coming into play.

	:-) I think a group of maintainers who can meet, bang heads together,
force compromise, create a shared direction / vision and speak for Gnome
would be a good plan - no real need for secrecy.

	OTOH - most people seem to prefer wasteful anarchy, a lack of shared
direction, no vision, no (disclosed) strategy, and painful duplication
of (mostly my) effort.

	Regards,

		Michael.