Re: Panel applet and g_timeout problem

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 20:54 +0200, Florian Schricker wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm mailing here (first post) since I have not found any solution to my
> problem in the archives...
> Atm I hack on a panel-applet which kind of monitors my acpi-throttle
> (/proc/acpi/processor/.../throttling). For that I use g_timeout_add -
> which of course works.
> With one exception: whenever I remove the applet (or log out) the applet
> is not completely stopped/killed. I still have the process in ps -A and
> need to kill it manually.
>
> Anybody had this before?
> In case you wondered: I do have a destroy-callback which removes the
> timeout via g_source_remove. This call returns TRUE, too. (So I was out
> of luck there)
>
> Am I still missing something?
> Any hints would really be appreciated!
>
> greetings,
> Florian Schricker

Are you closing the file descriptor(s) you're using?

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after
     victims of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about
     that: Blackhawk. Apache. And Comanche. If the
     Luftwaffe named its military helicopters Jew and
     Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"