Re: How To Trap fatal errors in a GTK Application.

On 23/08/04 20:01, Harsha Kodnad wrote:

I have written a GTK+ application. (Gnome) When ever my application crashes a Gnome Dialog is displayed. How can I trap this fatal and segfault errors so that I can display my dialog and exit ?

The crash dialog is called from a SIGSEGV signal handler. If you set your own handler for this, you can probably do your own thing.

Note that if this gets called, then your app has done something bad that you probably won't be able to recover from. You'd be better off trying to fix the problems that cause your app to segfault.

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/