Re: I've created the GEdit replacemnt

On 06-Jul-2004 Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> On tis, 2004-07-06 at 10:21 +0600, Victor Porton wrote:
>> On 05-Jul-2004 James Willcox wrote:
>> Additionally gtk2edit contains several new technologies for future GTK.
>> It
>> may be a base for features probably of GTK 2.6, 2.8 or 3.0. It is
>> probably
>> more important than the editor itself.
>
> What kind of technologies are you referring to here?

I will send a link into this mailing list as soon as I will write an
article. (I'm already writing.)

>> The conclusion: the right good thing for anybody, both Gnome and Extreme
>> Code, is for now to have both editors in Gnome in parallel; in the
>> future I
>> deem Gedit should be replaced with gtk2edit.
>
> I don't see any reason to include yet another editor in GNOME that
> pretty much does the same (less even) than the one we already have. I
> can totally see it being benificial for your company, but hardly for
> GNOME.

You WILL see it in the future, at least as gtk2edit will become the
codebase for different apps. I'm sure in this usage it will be (as my
source will be really cleaned up to the highest standards) very important
for development of Gnome.

I'm not in doubt that did a useful work for free software and this work
need to be continued.

--
Victor Porton (porton ex-code com)
 http://ex-code.com - software company, custom software for low price