XGetInputFocus() does not work for GTK based applications

Hi,
The following code does not give me the correct window id for GTK based applications.

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <assert.h>
main()
{
    Window focus = 0;
    int revet = 0;
    Display *disp = XOpenDisplay(0);
    assert(disp);
    sleep(2);
    XGetInputFocus(disp,&focus,&revert);
    printf("Win id is %x\n",focus);

}
It always prints a wrong window id for GTK based applications. (gaim, evolution)
Do I need to set some environment variable?
I am using xlsclients and xprop to verify the values being printed.
Could somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance
Kala