Re: Spatial nautilus - fantastic - but what about the rest?

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 22:53 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> There is a specification for handling drag saving at:
>     http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/XDS
>
> I'm not sure if anything other than the ROX desktop uses this.

This is something that i think would be great, especially for the amount
of time im saving small files to the desktop from gedit. The problem
becomes 'what do you drag' though, as mouse draging in a text edit
window will highlight text blocks for instance, and dragging title bars
moves windows etc.

Im sure someone will figure it out though, some of the recent gui
enhancements in gnome have been stunningly thought out (spacial nautilus
being one of my favourite).

Tom