Re: Spatial nautilus - fantastic - but what about the rest?

> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 22:53 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> > There is a specification for handling drag saving at:
> >     http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/XDS
> >
> > I'm not sure if anything other than the ROX desktop uses this.

I thought it would be worth discussing the user interface before the
implementation, since that's what's important. If people like the idea
(or a variant) then the technical details need to be sorted out. It's a
while since I looked at ROX but if we can leverage off anything they or
anyone else has done then I'd be all for that. The more compatible the
better.

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 17:10, Tom Badran wrote:
> This is something that i think would be great, especially for the amount
> of time im saving small files to the desktop from gedit. The problem
> becomes 'what do you drag' though, as mouse draging in a text edit
> window will highlight text blocks for instance, and dragging title bars
> moves windows etc.

The save box that pops up when you 'File Save' has an icon which you
drag. (An example in the URL I originally sent:
http://www.ebourne.me.uk/bits/gnome/saveas.png)

Cheers,

Martin.