Re: Installing menu entries

Ah, got it working by editing that xml-file although I had to remove
some entries from "Categories" section in the desktop file (for some
reason).

There is still a related problem though. I'm having a look at
autopackage (www.autopackage.org), which tries to register an
application for a certain MIME type. It seems to do that by adding
a .keys file to ~/.gnome/mime-info/. Unfortunately this does not work.
Is this also a GNOME <= 2.4 remnant that is no longer supported?

Since this seems to cause such problems, shouldn't gnome have some kind
of register_mime_type/register_desktop_file types of functions, so that
developers don't need to mess with this low-level stuff?

// Johan