Re: Nautilus

Shane O'Connor wrote:
Heya,

I recently started looking at gnome2.12 builds (moving on to 2.13 now)
and I just can't get my head around the default view for Nautilus - the
spatial view (a new window for each folder opened) is sooooo annoying ;)
I know most seasoned linux/unix users will use a terminal to navigate
between dirs but for novice users who are more used to point and click I
would have thought this default behaviour would be really annoying - it
really makes the desktop look messy and is a real pain to have to close
all those windows you don't want.....
Any particular reason why this is the default behaviour vs the broswer
mode?

Btw, NOI to anyone, just a curious really...

Thanks
Shane

At the end of the day its a distro thing (which is default).

Ubuntu has browser as default though (most) others seem to stick with spatial.

btw spatial is an acquired taste - most are not going to like it unless they are used to it or have a suitable directory structure to take advantage of it.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/