Re: Is there someone working on a gnome_help_display replacement?

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 02:54 +0100, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> I started on replacing libgnome and libgnomeui code from project with
> gtk counterparts. The most used and not yet replaceable function is the
> gnome_help_display function. What I was wondering is: is someone working
> on a replacement for gtk or is there another way to replace this
> function?

I don't think it's likely that such a function would ever make it into
GTK+.
Even if we finally got a standardized help system on freedesktop.org
(and it
will happen eventually, I promise), launching the help file is in the
same
problem space as opening up a web browser or opening a file with the
right
program.  And I don't think those are things GTK+ is going to address.

--
Shaun