Re: Is there someone working on a gnome_help_display replacement?

I still think extending glib with dbus support wouldn't be that bad of
an idea.

We could let just add a function g_uri_open() that will:
- send out a message that a uri needs to be opened
- or ask for a program that can handle this uri and open the program
itself

What would be the safest/fasted?

When using win32 you just use the win32 api for handeling uri's instead
of using dbus. So no problem there.

Only problem I see is that you will need to add a dependency dbus to
glib. What effect would this have on performance/memory consumption etc.
And does dbus work on other platforms then linux like freebsd, solaris
etc.