Re: gnome mdi substitution.

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 11:18 +0300, Peter wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to gtk+/gnome development. I need to create program that simulates
> some physic process. So there is a data I need to draw. Different views of
> the same data.
>
> There is a technology called MDI (multiple document interface) that allows
> us this in an easy way.

MDI is more about multiple windows for multiple documents. It's not
standard on any OS, and it's not popular in GNOME. Where it would be
used in Windows, we tend to use tabbed documents, as you can see in
gedit.

I think you are just looking for a Document/View or Model-View-
Controller (MVC) API. My Bakery library tries to provide this in C++ -
see bakery.sourceforge.net. You could put the views inside one window,
or in separate windows if you like.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com