Re: gnome mdi substitution.

På Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 01:14:12PM +0300, Peter skrev:
> Thank you very much for your answer.

You're welcome.

> If I understand you solutions correctly the sollution with View A, View
> B,... allows to see only one view at the same time. But my task is to see
> different view at the same time in dynamics. Is it possible with tabed
> view to see and update two or more tabs at the same time?

> [snip: remainder of the posting describing your application]

No, that won't be possible with a tabbed interface. In this particular case,
I'd go for a "MWI" (Multiple Window Interface) with:

- A "main" window providing controls for your application's functionality;
- multiple "view" windows showing the different view you had in mind.

By using multiple windows, the user has maximal control over the arrangement
and size of the view windows.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq

did you want me to change? :: well i change for good             -- coldplay