Re: labeling interface idea

I caught what you meant, and it's a good user model.  But the system
model you propose is way too complicated and error-prone.

It would be better to save the labels as extended attributes (Beagle
already uses them extensively, only recently did they provide an
alternative backend which is much slower), index them via the audit
layer in linux and a updatedb-style sweeper on other oses (or reuse the
beagle infrastructure).