Re: Followup: opinions on Search services

El sáb, 28-05-2005 a las 19:20 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod escribió:
> On Sat, 28 May 2005, Manuel Amador wrote:
>
> > >   So
> > > it can give you information about other users' files too.  If
> > > not, it means that you create a shared index and one per-user
> > > index, then you can easily do the same thing without ever needing
> > > root.
> >
> > We created a shared index.  There is no per-user index, that would be
> > absurd when you have a shared index.
>
> So where is each user's data indexed?

In a single, root-(or user-, depending on how you've configured the
service)owned database.  On both an object database for completeness and
a relational database for querying speed.

> BTW, I really don't see why we are continuing this thread.

To satisfy everyone's curiosity =)

--
Manuel Amador <rudd-o amautacorp com>
Amauta