xdm doesn't run thru the gdm??

Hi,
The following doesn't exit at all on previous version, on sarge
(debian) I used last year, but it on the current version etch
(debian).

the problem is:
I have a serveur running the standard etch (debian ) with gnome, I
configured the Login window and check (activate) the XDMCP.  My server
is not visible from a remote client.
Is there a new thing in gdm or gnome ( or in debian ???) which can
stop the Xdmcp protocol ??

I did same procedure on previous release, without problem!!!!!

I don't know if it is a gnome problem ( because I noticed same problem
with Fedora 5)  or debian problem.

thanks for help
best regards
bela