tablet touchscreen configuration

Hi folks,

Is there a mailing list for tablet issues or tablet developers? I didn't see one. Indeed the mailing lists that aren't for developers seem to be for specific applications rather than the system itself. So, please forgive me if this is misplaced.

I've set up Gnome 3 from Debian unstable on a Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1. This has two sensor surfaces on the screen: a stylus that is or emulates a Wacom, and an eGalaxy Touch which is a multitouch finger touchscreen. Both are using evdev, the eGalaxy also has mtdev. Kernel is 3.14 .

If anyone has tested this device with Gnome or indeed Linux, there isn't any web evidence. It works, with a few little issues that I am now running down.

The Wacom works correctly. The eGalaxy Touch mostly works, but something is different about the button events. On the screen keyboard, the buttons highlight when I touch them but they don't act as if they've been pressed. This also happens on all of the shell panel buttons. But finger-touch on a dock icon correctly launches the program.

In xev, button press and release events look identical between the two devices.

Nice to see that Gnome 3 is mostly usable on tablets. I can probably test multitouch when I get through this issue.

    Thanks

    Bruce