Re: Makefile.am changes

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Tim Janik wrote:
>
> > you're changes to gtk+/gtk/Makefile.am didn't at all *fix* srcdir!=builtdir,
> > a lot of efford has been put into gtk+ 1.2.5 to actually get this going
> > reliably. instead you're changes would create new versions of the
> > built sources and will cause failing builds when the autogenerated sources
> > don't match the static sources anymore.
>
> It didn't work before. If you don't believe me, or have wonderful ideas on
> making it work better, do a fresh cvs checkout and try it yourself.

can you tell me exactly what breaks for you? srcdir!=builtdir worked fine
here, even with massive parallel builds. if you want measurments to be
taken you need to at least give a more detailed report than "it doesn't
work here...". i.e. what excatly is your directory setup, your configure/
autogen.sh options etc, and then what are the symptoms you're encountering?

> -- Elliot

---
ciaoTJ