Re: CTree question

"Buzz Megg" <buzmeg@hotmail.com> writes:
> Okaaaay, CTree sucks.  Rewrite it.

We're doing so.

> This issue came up in C++ only because STL containers want default
> constructors.  Default constructors imply being able to modify the widget
> after it is already formed.  This *can* be worked around, it's just
> annoying.

You aren't going to be able to do a C++ wrapper where the widget
itself goes into the STL container by value. That won't work. You
can't copy widgets.

Have a look at the way Gtk-- and Inti work, that's basically how you
have to do it if you want a full-blown C++ feature set. If you just
want syntactic sugar and smart pointers you can do a thing like SDP or
like a prototype I did a while ago called Sugar.

Havoc