Re: memory leak with gdk_fontset_load/gdk_font_unref while using XFree-4 libs

Guillaume Cottenceau <gc mandrakesoft com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am developper for MandrakeSoft, who produces the Linux distribution
> called Linux-Mandrake.
>
> I had trouble with xmms, actually a memory leak that made it eat more than
> 150 Megabytes of memory after a long use.
>
> After much investigation, I finally figured out where the problem comes
> from, and the little program at the bottom can reproduce it:
> gdk_font_unref seems to not release correctly the memory if it was created
> with gdk_fontset_load; additionnally, it seems that the problem only
> occurs when the prog is linked against X libraries from XFree-4 (does NOT
> appear when the prog is linked against XFree-3).

This would be an excellent clue that it is an Xlib bug, not a GTK+
bug. And in fact, the attached Xlib-only program exhibits the exact
same problem.

When I get home and have a version of XLib with debug symbols, I'll
see what I can find.