Re: memory leak with gdk_fontset_load/gdk_font_unref while using XFree-4 libs

otaylor redhat com writes:

> Guillaume Cottenceau <gc mandrakesoft com> writes:

[...]

> > I had trouble with xmms, actually a memory leak that made it eat more than
> > 150 Megabytes of memory after a long use.
> >
> > After much investigation, I finally figured out where the problem comes
> > from, and the little program at the bottom can reproduce it:
> > gdk_font_unref seems to not release correctly the memory if it was created
> > with gdk_fontset_load; additionnally, it seems that the problem only
> > occurs when the prog is linked against X libraries from XFree-4 (does NOT
> > appear when the prog is linked against XFree-3).
>
> This would be an excellent clue that it is an Xlib bug, not a GTK+
> bug. And in fact, the attached Xlib-only program exhibits the exact
> same problem.

Actually I could not think that such a big thing as XFree would have such
an important issue (and that no one except me noticed it!!) -- but now
your prog is proving that. I'm glad to see that we're on the way to solve
that problem, nice!

Thanks.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/