Re: GtkTreeView Questions

Guy Harris <gharris flashcom net> writes:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 07:26:33PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > If the statement "I prefer foo" by a user applies equally to any
> > application, then there is no reason that foo should be set within a specific
> > application.
>
> What if that statement *doesn't* apply equally to any application?  It
> may be that somebody wants to have file trees displayed with lines, but
> protocol dissections displayed without them.

If there's some good reason why the preference depends on the nature
of the app, then yes, it should be configurable per-app.

I don't see really why tree lines would be in this category
though. (Tree expanders seems even less likely - "the + looks good
next to network info but not next to filenames"?)

Anyhow, as I said you can always use the set_style() approach even if
the configuration is in the theme, so app programmers are always free
to second-guess our policy.

Havoc